Your Best Pregnancy: The Ultimate Guide to Easing the Aches, Pains, and Uncomfortable Side Effects During Each Stage of Your Pregnancy
by Jill Hoefs, Denise Jagroo
Have a safe, healthy, and comfortable pregnancy.
Written by two physical therapists with over twenty years of combined experience helping women ease sore feet, aching backs, incessant peeing, and many other uncomfortable conditions, Your Best Pregnancy provides simple solutions and easy exercises to help women feel their best from head to toe. Through detailed photographs, illustrations, and down-to-earth advice that is both medically substantiated as well as easy to understand, you will learn how to:
- Treat the most uncomfortable symptoms during pregnancy, such as back and shoulder pain, bladder issues, night cramps, sciatica, swelling, and varicose veins.
- Maintain a healthy pregnancy, even while on bed rest.
- Correctly strengthen the pelvic floor and core to prevent diastasis recti.
- Nurse, lift, and care for a baby (or babies) using proper body mechanics to avoid strain and injury.
“Your Best Pregnancy is fun, interesting, and supportive. It feels like sitting down with a knowledgeable and trusted friend to talk about all the challenging and usually-not-discussed issues of pregnancy. We keep a copy at our practice to offer advice to patients.”
—MARC LEVIN, MD, FAMILY PHYSICIAN, MATERNITY CARE COORDINATOR, INSTITUTE FOR FAMILY HEALTH
“A must read if you’re pregnant or just had a baby and wonder why your body feels the way it does!… A perfect go-to book for every pregnant woman, whether it’s your first or fourth pregnancy.”
—STACEY J. FUTTERMAN, PT, MPT, WCS, BCB-PMD, OWNER OF 5 POINT PHYSICAL THERAPY PLLC IN NEW YORK CITY
“Your Best Pregnancy is like having two best friends on speed dial who just happen to also be physical therapists, and in Hoefs’ case, an experienced mom. They give new and professional mothers the scoop on all things health, with an approachable helping of medical knowledge and a touch of sass.”
—LESLIE GOLDMAN, MPH, WOMEN’S HEALTH WRITER, LESLIEGOLDMANWRITES.COM
- ISBN-13: 9781936303618
- Publisher: Demos Medical Publishing, LLC
- Publication date: 10/28/2014
- Pages: 240