Working with Voice Disorders, 3e (Original PDF from Publisher)
Now in a fully revised and updated third edition, Working with Voice Disorders offers practical insight and direction into all aspects of voice disorders, from assessment and diagnosis to intervention and case management. Using evidence-based material, it provides clinicians with pragmatic, accessible support, facilitating and informing decision-making along the clinical journey, from referral to discharge.
Key features of this resource include:
- A wealth of new, up-to-date practical and theoretical information, covering topics such as the prevention, assessment, intervention and treatment of a wide spectrum of voice disorders.
- A multi-dimensional structure, allowing the clinician to consider both specific aspects of patient management and aspects such as clinical effectiveness, clinical efficiencies and service management.
- Photocopiable clinical resources, from an at-a-glance summary of voice disorders to treatment and assessment protocols, and practical exercises and advice sheets for patients.
- Sample programmes for voice information groups and teacher workshops.
- Checklists for patients on topics such as the environmental and acoustic challenges of the workplace.
- Self-assessed personalised voice review sheets and weekly voice diaries encourage patients to monitor their voice quality and utilise strategies to prevent vocal misuse.
Combining the successful format of mixing theory and practice, this edition offers a patient-centred approach to voice disorders in a fully accessible and easy-to-read format and addresses the challenges of service provision in a changing world. This is an essential resource for speech and language therapists of varying levels of experience, from student to specialist.
- Publisher: Taylor and Francis; December 15, 2020
- Language: English
- ISBN: 9780367331634
- ISBN: 9781000284140
File Size : 18.1 MB