Understanding CBCT (9 Lectures)
As dentists we use imaging every day in our offices to help refine our clinical treatment decisions. Now there’s an amazing, low-cost, effective CT modality for dentistry. But do you understand it? Dr. Miles presents principles and applications of dentistry’s newest and most advanced imaging technology: cone beam. He reviews CBCT images like you’ve never seen before. This course will build your confidence for reviewing your cone beam data sets. Come see what you may have been missing.
- Understand and practice good rules of thumb for interpreting CBCT volumes.
- Identify different anatomical planes and what different shades in a CBCT mean.
- Identify normal anatomy, anatomical variants, and most common findings in the oral cavity.
- Identify normal anatomy, anatomical variants, and most common findings in the nasal fossa.
- Identify normal anatomy, anatomical variants, and most common findings in the paranasal sinuses.
- Learn how to review the image data sets you take or receive.
- Understand the importance of reviewing ALL of the slice data.
- Visualize pathology in 2D and 3D.
- Understand diagnostic capabilities of 3D imaging in dentistry.
- Understand implant case planning and surgical guide process.
- Understand the process of combining cone beam and CAD/CAM and clinical benefits.
Understanding CBCT Video List:
1- CBCT Assessment in Treatment Planning Part 1
2- CBCT Assessment in Treatment Planning Part 2
3- Cone Beam Imaging is Great, But What Am I Looking At – Dr. Dale Miles
4- Intro to CBCT Interpretation. Part 1 Oral Cavity, Nasal Fossa, Paranasal Sinuses – Dr. Tony Mecham
5- Intro to CBCT Interpretation. Part 2 Skull and Neck – Dr. Tony Mecham
6- Practical Applications of CBCT for Clinical Orthodontics
7- Systematic Review of CBCT Images for Pathology – Dr. James Mah
8- The Impact of 3D Imaging on Clinical Results and Patient Care – Dr. Neal Patel
9- What Exactly is CBCT and What Does One Need to Know Before Use or Purchase – Dr. James Mah
9 Lectures – Files size 2.5 GB