The Psychiatric Interview, 5th Edition (EPUB)
By DANIEL J. CARLAT
Focusing on the practical skills needed to establish rapport with patients and gain valuable clinical insights,The Psychiatric Interview, 5th Edition, offers a practical, concise approach to improving interviewing skills. Noted psychiatrist and award-winning mental health journalist Dr. Daniel J. Carlat uses a proven combination of mnemonics, specific techniques for approaching threatening topics, and phrasing examples to illustrate the nuances of the interviewing process, making this easy-to-digest text essential reading for trainees and practitioners in psychiatry, psychology, nursing, social work, and related fields.
- Offers a concise, real-world approach to the psychiatric interview, filled with tips and pearls to develop confidence in interviewing
- Brings you up to speed with the DSM 5-TR and current research, and includes a new chapter on techniques for the agitated patient and a new discussion of prolonged grief
- Contains focused, practical sections on general principles of effective interviewing, obtaining the psychiatric history, and interviewing for diagnosis
- Uses mnemonics and pocket cards to help you understand and remember key elements of the effective interview
- Provides clear techniques for approaching threatening topics, and shows how relationships that are endangered can be repaired
- Presents information in an engaging, conversational manner, helping you form an alliance with each patient in order to promote cooperation and effective treatment
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
- Publisher : LWW; Fifth edition (May 23, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 360 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1975212975
- ISBN-13 : 978-1975212971
File Size : 8.2 MB