The Nurse’s Handbook of Spiritual Care (EPUB)
By Pamela Cone, Tove Giske
The Nurse’s Handbook of Spiritual Care
The Nurse’s Handbook of Spiritual Care helps nurses develop a high level of competence in spiritual and existential care as an important part of holistic nursing.
Every patient and situation a nurse encounters is unique, and spiritual relationships can be expressed and met in a variety of ways. This handbook covers the fundamentals of spiritual care, written to inspire and challenge the reader. It provides a space for reflection and encourages lifelong learning. The authors present a new teaching-learning theory—the learning spiral—to enable and empower readers to ‘tune in’ to patients and work to soothe spiritual suffering and existential pain, ultimately facilitating patient well-being.
Sample topics covered in The Nurse’s Handbook of Spiritual Care include:
- What is spiritual care, the spiritual as part of whole person care including existential challenges, value based matters, and religious considerations and practices
- Exercises to get better acquainted with yourself, such as working with your own view of life and personal story, and how to prepare yourself to go outside your comfort zone
- Spiritual care skills and competencies, features and qualifications of the helper, and moving from student to lifelong learning as a nurse
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition (October 31, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 224 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119890772
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119890775
- ISBN-13 : 9781119890775
- eText ISBN: 9781119890782