The Liver in Systemic Disease: A Clinician’s Guide to Abnormal Liver Tests (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Gideon M. Hirschfield, Paramjit Gill, James Neuberger
The Liver in Systemic Disease
A practical guide for non-hepatologists who encounter abnormal liver test results in patients
The Liver in Systemic Disease is an easy-to-use and authoritative guide for non-hepatologist health care professionals who need guidance on the management of patients with abnormal liver tests. The book provides definitive advice for when further investigation, or changes in management, are indicated.
With a practical focus throughout the text, the editors explore when and how to investigate and manage patients whose primary disease is non-hepatic, but whose liver tests are unexpectedly abnormal. The Liver in Systemic Disease provides substantial flow diagrams and advice on the process, together with updates on the liver diseases non-hepatologists are most likely to encounter.
Take-home primers included in the book shine a light on best practice and recommended procedures when dealing with abnormal liver test results. The book also provides:
- A thorough introduction to evaluate the liver, including serum liver tests, liver imaging, and liver biopsy
- Comprehensive discussions of practical issues in patients with liver abnormalities, including the diagnosis of drug induced liver injury, prescribing in patients with abnormal liver tests, and more
- Practical discussions of the management of patients with unexplained abnormal liver tests in primary care
- In-depth examinations of secondary care management of patients with unexplained abnormal liver tests, including intensive care, and the care of infectious and immunosuppressed patients
The Liver in Systemic Disease is an indispensable resource for non-hepatologist medical practitioners seeking to understand the implications of abnormal liver tests and who wish to know when further investigation or alteration of management is indicated.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition (February 28, 2023)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 252 pages
- ISBN-10 : 111980213X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119802136