The Essential Physics of Medical Imaging Study Guide (EPUB3)
By Jerrold T. Bushberg PhD, J. Anthony Seibert PhD, Edwin M. Leidholdt Jr. PhD, John M. Boone PhD
Widely regarded as the cornerstone text in the field, the successful series of editions continues to follow the tradition of a clear and comprehensive presentation of the physical principles and operational aspects of medical imaging. The Essential Physics of Medical Imaging, 4th Edition, is a coherent and thorough compendium of the fundamental principles of the physics, radiation protection, and radiation biology that underlie the practice and profession of medical imaging. Distinguished scientists and educators from the University of California, Davis, provide up-to-date, readable information on the production, characteristics, and interactions of non-ionizing and ionizing radiation, magnetic fields and ultrasound used in medical imaging and the imaging modalities in which they are used, including radiography, mammography, fluoroscopy, computed tomography, magnetic resonance, ultrasound, and nuclear medicine. This vibrant, full-color text is enhanced by more than 1,000 images, charts, and graphs, including hundreds of new illustrations. This text is a must-have resource for medical imaging professionals, radiology residents who are preparing for Core Exams, and teachers and students in medical physics and biomedical engineering.
- Hyperlinks between the main eBook text and the eBook study guide provide quick answers to questions that arise as you study.
- Provides four helpful sections for study and review:
- Section 1 distills key concepts for each chapter in textbook in outline format.
- Section 2 includes image-rich questions and answers with page numbers from the main text for further detail; eBook questions and answers are interactive.
- Section 3 consolidates key equations for each chapter with page numbers from the main text where the equation is introduced and discussed.
- Section 4 contains a glossary of important terms (online only).
- Publisher : LWW; First edition (October 15, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 400 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1975103262
- ISBN-13 : 978-1975103262