Symptoms in the Pharmacy: A Guide to the Management of Common Illnesses, 9th edition (EPUB)
By Alison Blenkinsopp, Martin Duerden, John Blenkinsopp
A Thorough Guidebook for Assessing and Managing Common Symptoms and Illnesses Seen in the Pharmacy
Pharmacies, and pharmacists, are often the first source for information and advice used by a patient when health problems arise. This book supports pharmacists to recognize symptoms, advise with confidence, and recommend appropriate treatment or referral, while also providing a comprehensive digest of common conditions ideal for both practical use and reference.
Informed by the experiences and expertise of seasoned pharmacists and GPs, each chapter in the book provides pharmacists and their staff working in the community with a decision-making framework along with suggestions on “when to refer” contained within summary boxes. A unique feature of the book is that case studies are provided throughout, in which pharmacists, doctors, nurses and patients themselves describe assessment and treatment of a wide range of common problems.
This 9th edition of the book also includes:
- Consideration of conducting pharmacy consultations remotely as well as in person in the pharmacy
- New content on COVID-19 and Long-COVID in pharmacy practice
- Information about medicines recently reclassified for OTC supply
- Expanded content on women’s health including information on desogestrel, menopause and incontinence
- Broadening of the insomnia chapter to include consideration of mental health problems
- Increased content on non-drug treatment options and their supporting evidence
- A summary of evidence sources at the end of each chapter
- Decision-making support for unique cases which involve ethical dilemmas
Practicing and Foundation trainee pharmacists, as well as undergraduate pharmacy students and other healthcare professionals, will find Symptoms in the Pharmacy: A Guide to the Management of Common Illnesses invaluable when dealing with both common and obscure symptoms and illnesses.
- Publisher : Wiley; 9th edition (September 26, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 576 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119807441
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119807445
- ISBN-13 : 9781119807445
- eText ISBN: 9781119807469