Surgery of the Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands, 3rd Edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
Bringing together more than over 120 expert contributors from otolaryngology, general surgery, endocrinology, and pathology, Surgery of the Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands, 3rd Edition, presents an interdisciplinary approach to surgical management and treatment of benign and malignant disease. This renowned text/atlas is an ideal resource at all levels of surgical experience: for residents and junior surgeons, it clearly provides all relevant anatomy, surgical procedures, and workup; for experienced surgeons, it details the management of difficult cases, including revision surgery. Highly illustrated and accompanied by dozens of videos, this edition brings you up to date with the full continuum of care in thyroid and parathyroid surgery.
- Easy-to-follow, templated chapters
- cover preoperative evaluation, surgical anatomy, intraoperative techniques, and postoperative management, for a full range of disorders of the thyroid and parathyroid glands.
- More than 30 procedural videos walk you step by step through minimally invasive thyroid surgery, surgical anatomy and monitoring of the recurrent laryngeal nerve, surgery for locally advanced thyroid cancer and nodal disease, and more; plus 23 chapter guide videos from the authors with Surgical Text Video Editor-in-Chief Gregory W. Randolph, Jr .
- Coverage of cutting-edge topics includes recurrent laryngeal nerve monitoring, minimally invasive surgery and the role of PET in staging and surgical planning.
- Expert guidance on thyroid cancer, including multiple chapters on PTC, MTC and HCC, ATC and NIFTP.
- New chapters cover medical oncology and TKI therapy.
- Extensive coverage of key topics such as FNA mutational analysis, transoral and minimally invasive surgery, recurrent laryngeal nerve monitoring, management of RLN paralysis, all aspects of parathyroid disease, ethics, malpractice, and more.
- Hardcover: 656 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 3 edition (April 28, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323661270
- ISBN-13: 978-0323661270