Small Animal Ophthalmic Atlas and Guide, 2nd edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Christine C. Lim
Small Animal Ophthalmic Atlas and Guide is designed to offer a quick reference to common ocular conditions in dogs and cats, presenting high-quality color photographs to facilitate diagnosis and offering details on each condition to support clinicians in clinical decision making. In addition to updates throughout, the Second Edition includes significantly more images than the previous edition, with updates to images to include more representative examples where possible.
In Small Animal Ophthalmic Atlas and Guide, the image section is organized by area of the eye, making it easy to find and compare images to make a diagnosis, and the disease section is carefully targeted to the most crucial details for developing a management plan. A companion website provides video clips.
Written by a veterinary ophthalmologist working at a busy urban center, Small Animal Ophthalmic Atlas and Guide includes information on:
- Orbital disease, including inflammatory and neoplastic disease
- Eyelid and adnexal disease, such as abnormal hairs (distichiae, ectopic ciliae, and trichiasis), conformational abnormalities (entropion, ectropion, etc.), and third eyelid abnormalities such as gland prolapse
- Corneal and conjunctival disease, including tear film disorders, causes of keratoconjunctivitis, corneal ulceration, and feline surface ocular disease
- Anterior uveal conditions, covering uveal cysts, anterior uveitis, and anterior uveal neoplasia
- Lenticular disease, such as cataract and lens instability
- The posterior segment, covering normal fundic appearance, chorioretinitis, retinal degeneration, and retinal detachment
- Recognition and management of glaucoma
With its broad coverage of essential topics and accessible images that help with accurate and fast diagnoses, Small Animal Ophthalmic Atlas and Guide is an essential reference for small animal general practitioners, students, residents, and interns, and can also be used as a reference to show examples to clients.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 2nd edition (November 1, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 256 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119804256
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119804253
- ISBN-13 : 9781119804253
- eText ISBN: 9781119804260