Sexually Transmissible Oral Diseases (Original PDF from Publisher)
By S. R. Prabhu, Nicholas Van Wagoner, Jeff Hill, Shailendra Sawleshwarkar
A Detailed Description of Sexually Transmissible Oral Diseases Relevant to Dental Practice
Sexually Transmissible Oral Diseases delivers an expert and comprehensive description of sexually transmissible oral diseases encountered in clinical dental practice. This book features contributions from more than 20 international experts representing the disciplines of oral medicine, sexual health, infectious diseases, microbiology, community medicine, and dermatology.
Divided into three relevant sections, readers will find:
- An overview of the etiology, epidemiology, and prevention of sexually transmitted infections, including HIV/AIDS.
- Details on risky sexual behaviors and their impact on oral health, including the risk of sexually transmissible diseases associated with oral sex.
- Detailed descriptions of oral manifestations of sexually transmissible infections.
- Diagnostic and treatment strategies for oral healthcare professionals in the dental setting.
- Clinical images that complement the user-friendly patient-focused approach of the book.
Sexually Transmissible Oral Diseases is ideal for dental practitioners, oral medicine specialists, oral and maxillofacial surgeons, dental hygienists, oral health therapists, and dental educators. The book will also earn a place in medical and dental libraries as a recommended reference book for dental students, medical students, and students of other health professions.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition (February 13, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 240 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119826756
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119826750
File Size : 8 MB