Radiation Therapy Treatment Effects: An Evidence-based Guide to Managing ToxicityAn Evidence-based Guide to Managing Toxicity (PDF Book)
Radiation Therapy Treatment Effects
Radiation Therapy Treatment Effects is a practical guide to common and uncommon toxicities which occur related to radiation therapy. Organized by anatomic region, from CNS to skin and extremities, this handbook concisely and comprehensively reviews the symptoms, timing, preventative measures, and treatment of acute, delayed, and chronic radiation toxicities and provides evidence-based recommendations for management of both early and late effects. Other important chapters consist of topics such as radiation toxicity management in children, systemic effects of radiation therapy, radioprotection for radiation therapy, risk and prevention of radiation-induced cancers, challenges and approaches to cancer survivorship and how to maximize cancer patient wellness after radiation therapy.
This evidence-based handbook of radiation therapy side effects is an invaluable reference for the daily management of cancer patients and survivors. The topic coverage will assist physicians, APPs, and nurses practicing or training in radiation oncology, other oncology specialties, and primary care providers caring for cancer survivors.
- Provides management recommendations and clinical pearls from topic experts
- Organized for quick reference by body area and toxicity
- Numerous tables consolidate important radiation effects for ease of reference
- Summarizes each known toxicity, its presentation, prevention, and management
- eBook Digital: 250 pages
- Publisher: Demos Medical; 1 edition (September 18, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0826181139
- ISBN-13: 978-0826181138
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 0.5 x 8 inches