Priorities in Critical Care Nursing, 9th edition (PDF Book)
File Size : 26.4 MB
By Jane D. Smith PhD RN, Susan M. Brown MSN RN CNE, and Emily R. Davis BSN RN
Learn all the important concepts in progressive and critical care nursing with Priorities in Critical Care Nursing, 9th Edition. This trusted, evidence-based textbook is perfect for students, practicing nurses undergoing in-service training, and progressive or critical care nurses reviewing for PCCN® or CCRN® certification. Using the latest, most authoritative research, you will be able to identify patient priorities in order to safely and expertly manage patient care. This concise coverage of all core progressive and critical care nursing topics includes medications, patient safety, patient education, problem identification, and interprofessional collaborative management. You will learn how to integrate the technology of progressive and critical care with the physiological needs and psychosocial concerns of patients and families to provide the highest-quality care.
- Get all the need-to-know content to prepare for today’s progressive and critical care environments.
- UNIQUE! Achieve balanced coverage of technology and psychosocial concerns with a focus on patient care priorities, which can help you learn to provide the highest-quality nursing care.
- Consistent format and organization features Clinical Assessment and Diagnostic Procedures chapter followed by one or more Disorders and Therapeutic Management chapters for each content area.
- Strong quality and safety focus throughout includes Evidence-Based Practice boxes, Patient-Centered Care boxes, Quality Improvement boxes, Teamwork and Collaboration boxes, Safety boxes, and Informatics boxes that provide additional online resources.
- Patient Care Management Plans at the end of the book provide a complete care plan for every priority patient problem, including outcome criteria, nursing interventions, and rationales.
- Priority Patient and Family Education Plan boxes list priority topics to be taught to the patient and family prior to discharge.
- UPDATED! Covering the latest evidence-based guidelines and national and international treatment protocols.
- NEW! Expanded self-care coverage for healthcare professionals consistent with the 2020-2030 Future of Nursing report.
- UNIQUE! Facilitating Care Transitions chapter provides guidance to ensure patient safety through all phases and locations of care transitions to other departments and discharge, including patient and family education.
- NEW! Trending Priorities in Healthcare boxes highlight key trends and issues affecting healthcare delivery throughout various sites and geographical settings, such as limited English proficiency (LEP), homelessness, and external disaster preparedness.
- NEW! Greater emphasis on the psychosocial and spiritual wellbeing of critical care patients.
- NEW! Algorithms facilitate the use of multiple data points to design the most evidence-based, accurate, and timely plans of care, including three new algorithms in this edition for Protein Calorie Malnutrition, Burns, and Pulmonary Embolus.
- NEW! Introduction of International Classification for Nursing Practice (ICNP) diagnoses provides a structured vocabulary to capture patient diagnosis and facilitate patient care management to address those health issues.
- NEW! Prepare for the revolutionary changes coming to the NCLEX® Exam with case studies for the Next Generation NCLEX® available on the companion Evolve website.
- NEW! Coverage of key trends includes content on the opioid epidemic, special considerations for bariatric patients, acute chest syndrome, and COVID-19.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 9th edition (February 6, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 656 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323809812
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323809818