Preservation of Cells: A Practical Manual (PDF Book)
Preservation of Cells: A Practical Manual by Allison Hubel (Author)
This book is designed to assist individuals who are involved in cell preservation. It provides detailed information needed to develop or improve a preservation protocol for cells regardless of whether one has prior experience or not. The text is structured around a professional short course that has been offered at the Biopreservation Core Resource for a decade, covering every stage of the protocol step by step. The book furnishes the scientific basis for building a preservation protocol and enable better understanding of the fundamentals.
Preservation of Cells: A Practical Manual, commences with an introduction to cell preservation and proceeds to Pre-freeze Processing and Characterization; Formulation and Introduction of Cryopreservation Solutions; Freezing Protocols; Storage and Shipping of Frozen Cells; Thawing and Post Thaw Processing; Post-thaw Assessment; and Algorithm-driven Protocol Optimization.
- The reasons for each step in a preservation protocol are clearly explained and the scientific principles behind them are provided.
- This book presents alternative modes of preservation in cases where conventional methods of cryopreservation are not suitable for a particular cell type or application.
- The text encourages efficient organization to achieve better post-thaw recoveries and process consistency.
Preservation of Cells: A Practical Manual is a valuable resource for researchers, students, and laboratory technicians working in cell biology, stem cell biology, tissue engineering, and regenerative medicine. Additionally, it is useful for professionals working in cell banking, biomarker discovery, precision medicine, cell therapy labs, blood banks, biobanks, and biotechnology companies.
- eBook Digital: 208 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (February 21, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118989848
- ISBN-13: 978-1118989845
- Product Dimensions: 7.1 x 0.6 x 9.5 inches