Preservation of Cells: A Practical Manual (EPUB)
Preservation of Cells: A Practical Manual
by Allison Hubel (Author)
Helps those that use cell preservation to develop new protocols or improve existing protocols
This book provides readers with the tools needed to develop or debug a preservation protocol for cells. The core structure and content of the text grew from a professional short course that has been offered at the Biopreservation Core Resource for the last 10 years. This comprehensive text describes, step by step, the individual elements of a protocol, including the relevant scientific principles for each phase of the protocol. It can be used by anyone who is involved in cell preservation—even by those who are not experts in freezing of cells—because it provides the scientific basis for those that want to understand the basis for the protocol.
Preservation of Cells: A Practical Manual begins by first introducing readers to the subject of preserving cells. It then goes on to cover Pre-freeze Processing and Characterization; Formulation and Introduction of Cryopreservation Solutions; Freezing Protocols; Storage and Shipping of Frozen Cells; Thawing and Post Thaw Processing; Post-thaw Assessment; and Algorithm-driven Protocol Optimization.
- Clearly explains the reasons behind every step in the development of a preservation protocol and the scientific principles behind them
- Provides alternative modes of preservation for when conventional methods of cryopreservation are not appropriate for a given cell type or application
- Enables more organization to achieve improved post thaw recoveries and process consistency
Preservation of Cells: A Practical Manual is an important book for researchers, laboratory technicians and students in cell biology, stem cell biology, tissue engineering, and regenerative medicine. It is also useful to cell bankers, regenerative medicine, biomarker discovery or precision medicine companies, and cell therapy labs, blood bankers, biobankers, and biotechnology companies.
- eBook Digital: 208 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (February 21, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118989848
- ISBN-13: 978-1118989845
- Product Dimensions: 7.1 x 0.6 x 9.5 inches