Perioperative Quality Improvement (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Carol J. Peden MB ChB MD FRCA FFICM MPH, Lee A. Fleisher MD, Michael Englesbe MD
Quality improvement (QI) principles are increasingly important in every area of today’s healthcare, encompassing efforts to make healthcare delivery safer, more effective, patient-centered, timely, equitable, and efficient. Perioperative Quality Improvement provides up-to-date, easy-to-read guidance for perioperative clinicians on this critical topic. Each chapter covers a pertinent area of QI in the perioperative setting, focusing on both concepts and implementation. Written and edited by key international opinion leaders in the field, this text is a relevant, concise resource for anesthesiologists, surgeons, nurse anesthetists, and hospitalists―anyone involved in perioperative medicine regardless of specialty area.
- Explains concepts related to understanding the tools and techniques used in improving the quality of care, establishing a culture of quality, prioritizing areas of improvement, collecting and analyzing data, communicating, motivating people to change, and performing ongoing evaluations.
- Covers key topics such as patient-centered care, equity, shared decision making, process mapping, and sustainability.
- Addresses the critical areas of structure, process and outcome with a focus on perioperative care and relevant case studies.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 1st edition (December 5, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 448 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323833993
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323833998