Mobility in Context: Principles of Patient Care Skills, 3rd Edition (EPUB)
Mastering Patient Care Skills with Crystal Johansson, Charity; Chinworth, Susan A.; Ramsey
Ground yourself in fundamental rehabilitation principles, establish a culture of patient-centered care, and develop essential clinical problem-solving and critical-thinking skills with this state-of-the-art, multimedia resource. You’ll be able to navigate confidently in both common and complex clinical situations, and you’ll learn how to help your patients progress towards greater mobility and independence. Enjoy crystal clear learning with over 750 full-color photographs and illustrations.
- UPDATED & EXPANDED! Incorporating current research and today’s best evidence-based practices
- NEW! Levels of assistance as defined by the Comprehensive Assessment Reporting Evaluation (CARE) tool, edema assessment methods, and expanded application of biomechanics principles to body mechanics for patients and clinicians
- NEW! Intervention boxes
- EXPANDED! More emphasis on clinical reasoning with a new decision-making algorithm to guide the clinician’s choice of mechanical and manual transfer methods
- EXPANDED! More emphasis on diversity and distinguishing between recovery and compensation
- EXPANDED! More information on neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, dementia, and spinal cord injury and how they relate to mobility concepts as well as the use of a wheelchair as a primary means of locomotion
- Narrated video clips with closed captioning online at FADavis.com demonstrate must-know techniques.
- A focus on developing the foundational knowledge, clinical expertise, and problem-solving skills required to work safely and effectively in both common and unexpected patient situations.
- Organizational structure parallels the progression of patient intervention.
- Icons throughout the text highlight important concepts and care skills.
- “Watch Out!” “Keeping Current,” and “Clinical Tips” boxes cover important safety reminders, recent research, and pointers for effectiveness and efficiency in the clinic.
- “Try This,” “Clinical Reality Check,” “Thinking It Through,” and “Pathophysiology” boxes provide additional learning enhancements.
- A wealth of clinical examples mirror today’s patient populations.
- Publisher: F.A. Davis Company; Third edition (February 11, 2022)
- Language: English
- Spiral-bound: 608 pages
- ISBN-10: 1719642869
- ISBN-13: 978-1719642866