Mayes’ Midwifery, 16th edition (PDF Book)
Mayes’ Midwifery: Sixteenth Edition by Sue Macdonald MSc PGCEA ADM RM RN FETC FRCM (Hon), Gail Johnson MA DPSM PGDip Adult Education RM RN
This book is a core text for nursing students and midwives in the UK, with a reputation for its comprehensive coverage and alignment with curricula and practice in the country. The latest edition has been fully updated by leading midwifery educators, with input from expert contributors to keep it relevant and informative for professionals.
Mayes’ Midwifery covers all the key aspects of midwifery in detail, including pregnancy stages, potential childbirth complexities, and social and psychological considerations related to women’s health. It provides evidence-based insights along with detailed information on anatomy and physiology, explaining how these aspects translate into clinical practice.
The book offers a range of resources to support learning, including case studies, reflective activities, and images. Additionally, the ancillary website features over 600 multiple-choice questions and downloadable images. Mayes’ Midwifery is an essential reference for nursing students entering the profession, qualified midwives in various settings in the UK and internationally, and midwives returning to practice.
- Expert contributors include midwifery academics and clinicians, researchers, physiotherapists, neonatal nurse specialists, social scientists, and legal experts
- Learning outcomes and key points to support structured study
- Reflective activities to apply theory to practice
- Figures, tables, and breakout boxes aid navigation and revision
- Associated online resources with over 600 MCQs, reflective activities, case studies, downloadable image bank to help with essay and assignment preparation
- Further reading to deepen knowledge and understanding
- New chapters covering key topics such as being a student midwife and entering the profession, FGM and its legal implications, transgender/binary individuals in pregnancy and childbirth
- Updated information on infection and control following the COVID-19 pandemic
- Enhanced artwork program
- Publisher : Elsevier; 16th edition (July 24, 2023)
- Language : English
- eBook Digital : 1350 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323834825
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323834827