Manual of Cardiac Intensive Care (Original PDF from Publisher)
By David L. Brown MD FACC, David Warriner Bsc MBChB MRCPMSc PhD
Addressing the changing needs of clinicians in today’s CCU, ICU and CICU, Manual of Cardiac Intensive Care is an easy-to-use, point-of-care reference for cardiologists, intensivists, physicians, trainees, and other health care professionals who care for critically ill patients with cardiovascular disease (CVD). This clinically-focused manual offers practical guidance from leading cardiac intensive care experts on the specialized and highly technological care of patients with severe CVD―myocardial infarction, heart failure, cardiogenic shock, and their complications, including respiratory failure and renal failure. The portable, paperback format makes it an excellent resource for day-to-day practice or as an exam or recertification study tool.
- Provides the information you need in the CCU, ICU or CICU to deliver high-quality care to increasingly complex and critically ill patients with CVD.
- Covers important and emerging topics such as COVID-19, fulminant myocarditis, cardiogenic shock, cardiorenal syndrome, cardiac tamponade, acute aortic dissection, takotsubo cardiomyopathy, and much more.
- Describes key procedures including arterial and radial central vascular access, temporary cardiac pacing, invasive hemodynamic monitoring, pericardiocentesis, and more.
- Covers a range of topics for effective practice including common misconceptions, clinical presentations, pathophysiology, management, and imaging.
- Includes more than 100 radiographic images, echocardiograms, ECGs, anatomic illustrations, and algorithms throughout.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 1st edition (May 23, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 336 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323825524
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323825528
- ISBN-13 : 9780323825528
- eText ISBN: 9780323825535