Introduction to Global Health, 4th Edition (PDF Book)
Introduction to Global Health by Kathryn H. Jacobsen is a comprehensive guide that provides insight into some of the most critical global health concerns and the measures being put in place to address them. The Fourth Edition focuses primarily on specific interventions that promote longevity and prevent disease, disability, and early death across all income levels. The book strikes a balance between shedding light on emerging threats to global public health, such as pandemics and climate change, and showing how health interventions are driving progress in health equity. Features of the book include:
- Chapters that align with the recommended student learning objectives of the Consortium of Universities for Global Health, covering topics such as globalization, health security, and the socioeconomic and environmental contributors to public health.
- Updated science, policy, epidemiology, data visualizations, and expanded coverage of COVID-19, prevention and implementation science, culture and health, ecosystem and planetary health, and other trending themes.
- More than 350 tables, figures, and photographs, and a glossary with definitions of over 900 key terms.
- Robust instructor’s materials that provide discussion prompts, active learning exercises, PowerPoint slides, quiz and test banks, and sample syllabi.
- Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning; 4th edition (October 24, 2022)
- Language: English
- Format: eBook (Digital)
- Length: 640 pages
- ISBN-10: 1284234932
- ISBN-13: 978-1284234930
- Reading age: 1 year and up