Human Pluripotent Stem Cells: A Practical Guide (PDF Book)
Human Pluripotent Stem Cells: A Practical Guide by Uma Lakshmipathy (Author), Chad C. MacArthur (Author), Mahalakshmi Sridharan (Author), Rene H. Quintanilla (Author) & 1 more
Comprehensive coverage of the entire induced pluripotent stem cell basic work flow
Pluripotent stem cells (PSC) can divide indefinitely, self-renew, and can differentiate to functionally reconstitute almost any cell in the normal developmental pathway, given the right conditions. This comprehensive book, which was developed from a training course, covers all of the PSCs (embryonic, embryonic germ, and embryonic carcinoma) and their functions. It demonstrates the feeder-dependent and feeder-free culture of hESC and hiPSC, which will be referred to in all protocols as PSCs. It also addresses the methods commonly used to determine pluripotency, as defined by self-renewal marker expression and differentiation potential.
Human Pluripotent Stem Cells: A Practical Guide offers in-depth chapter coverage of introduction to stem cell, PSC culture, reprogramming, differentiation, PSC characterization, and more. It also includes four appendixes containing information on reagents, medias, and solutions; common antibodies; consumable and equipment; and logs and forms.
- Includes helpful tips and tricks that are normally omitted from regular research papers
- Features useful images to support the technical aspects and results visually as well as diagrammatic illustrations
- Presents specific sections (ie: reprogramming, differentiation) in a concise and easily digestible manner
- Written by experts with extensive experience in stem cell technologies
Human Pluripotent Stem Cells: A Practical Guide is an ideal text for stem cell researchers, including principal investigators, and others in university and industry settings, and for new graduate students in PSC labs.
- eBook Digital: 176 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (February 13, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119394333
- ISBN-13: 978-1119394334
- Product Dimensions: 0.4 x 0.4 x 0.4 inches