Head and Neck Cancer: An Evidence-Based Team Approach
by Eric M. Genden (Editor)
Thieme congratulates Eric M. Genden on being chosen by New York magazine for its prestigious Best Doctors 2014 list.
Designed to synthesize the collective wisdom of a tumor board, the book presents a multidisciplinary, evidence-based approach to the contemporary management of head and neck cancer. Expert authors and contributors provide a balanced literature review that provides the reader with a solid understanding of the fundamental concepts of the disease entity, descriptions of anatomy, physiology, and clinical presentation, discussion of diagnostic workup and the various management techniques.
- Each chapter features the clinical insights of a surgeon, a medical oncologist, and a radiation oncologist
- Comprehensive coverage of the most important disease sites, including the oral cavity, oropharynx, hypopharynx, larynx, thyroid gland, salivary glands, nasal cavity and paranasal sinus, nasopharynx, and skin
- Numerous case examples at the end of each chapter aid comprehension of each major malignancy and enable readers to match real life cases to the clinical situations described in the text
- Practical discussion of managing carcinoma of unknown primary site
- More than 140 illustrations demonstrate key concepts and surgical techniques
The book is invaluable for practitioners, residents, and students in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery, radiation oncology, and medical oncology, as well as for fellows in head and neck surgical oncology and major reconstructive surgery.
- ISBN-13: 9781588905086
- Publisher: Thieme
- Publication date: 5/16/2008
- Pages: 256