Harper’s Textbook of Pediatric Dermatology, 2 Volume Set, 4th Edition (Epub)
A consummate classic with a fresh approach to pediatric dermatology
Children´s skin is different. Maturation affects the epidermal barrier, the cutaneous microbiome, adnexal structures, vasculature, and transcutaneous absorption of drugs. The immature skin is more susceptible to pathogens and environmental disruption. Many genetic disorders are either present at birth or manifest early in childhood. Skin diseases thus present differently in children than in adults. Pediatric dermatology has seen significant advances over the last decade, particularly in the field of molecular genetics research, which has furthered our understanding of the pathogenesis of many skin diseases and the development of new approaches to treatment. This fourth edition of the Harper classic provides state-of-the-art information on all aspects of skin disease in children. It covers the diagnosis and treatment of all conditions – both common and rare – with a consistently evidence-based approach. Existing content has been refreshed and fully updated to reflect emerging thinking and to incorporate the latest in research and clinical data – especially at the genetic level.
This new fourth edition includes:
- Greater focus on the genetics behind skin disease, including new genes/genodermatoses, progress in genetic analysis, and stem cell transplants
- Increased coverage of lasers and other technologies used to treat skin disease
- More summary tables, learning points, tables of differential diagnosis, and clinical algorithms for diagnosis and management
- Additional online features, including patient information links and multiple choice questions
Harper’s Textbook of Pediatric Dermatology delivers crucial clinical insights and up-to-date research information that spans the breadth of the field. As the most comprehensive reference book on this subject available, this revised fourth edition will support and guide the daily practice of both dermatologists and pediatricians across the world.
- Publisher:Wiley-Blackwell; 4th edition (December 16, 2019)
- Hardcover:2656 pages
- Item Weight:15.07 pounds
- Dimensions:8.8 x 4.3 x 11.2 inches