Ham’s Primary Care Geriatrics: A Case-Based Approach, 7th Edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
Written with first-line primary care providers in mind, Ham’s Primary Care Geriatrics: A Case-Based Approach, 7th Edition, is a comprehensive, easy-to-read source of practical clinical guidance for this rapidly growing population. Using a unique, case-based approach, it covers the patient presentations you’re most likely to encounter, offering key clinical information, expert advice, and evidence-based medical guidelines throughout. This highly regarded text uses a consistent format and an enjoyable writing style to keep you informed, engaged, and up to date in this increasingly important field.
- Uses a case study format that is ideal for learning, retention, and rapid recall. All case studies are thoroughly up to date with current references.
- Features an interdisciplinary perspective to provide team-oriented knowledge on the best diagnosis, treatment, and management strategies available to address the complex needs of older adults.
- Contains a new chapter on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Medicine in Older Adults, as well as completely revised or rewritten chapters on rehabilitation, infectious disease, and urinary incontinence.
- Provides up-to-date information on key topics such as opioid management and polypharmacy, the “geriatric emergency room, cultural humility in the care of older adults, and the five signs of problematic substance abuse.
- Includes key learning objectives and USMLE-style questions in every chapter.
- Publisher:Elsevier; 7th edition (March 26, 2021)
- Paperback:592 pages
- Item Weight:1.11 pounds