Fundamentals of Pharmacology for Midwives (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Ian Peate, Cathy Hamilton
Fundamentals of Pharmacology for Midwives provides the reader with a thorough understanding of the essentials of pharmacology associated with childbearing women, and improving safety and care outcomes whilst ensuring the comfort of the mother. It is essential that midwifery students have a knowledge and an understanding of pharmacology, along with an ability to recognise the positive and opposing effects of medicines from conception to birth—including allergies and drug sensitivities, side effects and adverse reactions, contraindications and errors in prescribing, and more.
- Written with the latest NMC Standards of Proficiency for Registered Midwives (NMC 2019) in mind
- Each chapter includes ‘test your prior knowledge’ questions, learning outcomes, and skills in practice boxes that encourage the reader to apply the theory to everyday practice
- Includes companion website for the book at www.wiley.com/go/pharmacologyformidwives that contains multiple-choice questions, powerpoint slides, glossaries, chapter references and other self-test material designed to enhance learning
Fundamentals of Pharmacology for Midwives provides a useful reference for those studying to be midwives and support clinicians in the field, helping them become safe and accountable practitioners offering competent and confident women-centred care.
All content reviewed by students for students.
If you would like to be one of our student reviewers, go to www.reviewnursingbooks.com to find out more.
To receive automatic updates on Wiley books and journals, join our email list. Sign up today at www.wiley.com/email
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition (July 12, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 448 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119649234
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119649236
- ISBN-13 : 9781119649236
- eText ISBN: 9781119649267