Exercises for the Anatomy & Physiology Laboratory, 4th Edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Erin C. Amerman
This concise, inexpensive, black-and-white manual is appropriate for one- or two-semester anatomy and physiology laboratory courses. It offers a flexible alternative to the larger, more expensive laboratory manuals on the market. This streamlined manual shares the same innovative, activities-based approach as its more comprehensive, full-color counterpart, Exploring Anatomy & Physiology in the Laboratory, 3e.
- Pre-Lab Exercises encourage students to actively prepare for the lab by defining key terms, doing labeling and coloring exercises to learn anatomical structures, and reviewing vital material from previous units, saving instructors from having to spend excessive time reviewing material from the lecture.
- Model Inventories provide easily referenced lists of anatomical structures that students are responsible for identifying. These lists help students catalog the specimens they see in the lab.
- Focused Activities describe the guiding philosophy of this lab manual. Students learn best when they are actively involved in the laboratory. In this manual, students are asked to be active by describing, labeling, writing, coloring, and drawing.
- Tracing Exercises ask students to write step-by-step, turn-by-turn directions to follow substances (blood cells, food molecules, waste by-products, electrical events) through the human body, and/or trace the substances’ path on a “map” of the body. These exercises allow students to see the big picture of how the body systems interact and to understand the relationship between structure and function.
- End-of-Unit Quizzes contain critical thinking questions that test student comprehension.
- Hints & Tips appear throughout the book to help students navigate some of the more difficult topics in anatomy and physiology.
- Publisher : Morton Publishing Company; 4th edition (January 1, 2019)
- Language : English
- Loose Leaf : 368 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1617319392
- ISBN-13 : 978-1617319396
- ISBN-13 : 9781617319396
- eText ISBN: 9781617319402