Endocrine Emergencies (Original PDF from Publisher)
Endocrine emergencies are often potentially life-threatening and can be easily overlooked in patients with no history of endocrine disease. Endocrine Emergencies is a practical guide to identification and treatment for today’s clinicians, offering essential coverage of common and serious emergencies related to endocrine metabolic conditions of the thyroid, parathyroid, pituitary, and adrenal glands.
- Guides clinicians on how to recognize, diagnose, and treat each condition using up-to-date diagnostic techniques and therapeutics.
- Provides full-color, state-of-the-art coverage of key topics such as acute thyrotoxicosis and thyroid storm, ocular emergencies in Graves’ ophthalmopathy, diabetic ketoacidosis, hypopituitarism, postoperative thyroid surgical emergencies, pheochromocytoma, and much more.
- Features separate chapters on emergencies related to neuroendocrine tumors, pregnant patients, and pediatric patients.
- Includes sections on emergency overview, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment in each chapter.
- Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences; May 13, 2021
- Language: English
- ISBN: 9780323760973
- ISBN: 9780323760980