Drain’s PeriAnesthesia Nursing: A Critical Care Approach, 7th Edition (PDF Book)
Written by Jan Odom-Forren MS RN PhD CPAN FAAN, Drain’s PeriAnesthesia Nursing, A Critical Care Approach, 7th Edition has been a trusted resource for 30 years. This is the only book that offers comprehensive clinical content tailored specifically for perianesthesia nurses. It features a user-friendly format that comprises five distinct sections, covering the PACU, anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, nursing care, and special considerations. As a result, you essentially receive five books in one. This resource integrates nursing and pharmacologic interventions with in-depth coverage of pathophysiology, with updated content that covers the latest standards and current issues affecting perianesthesia nursing practice. Aside from addressing research and documentation, it also takes into account psychosocial considerations. Whether you’re a novice nurse in the PACU or preparing for your CPAN® or CAPA® certification, this is the one book that can take you all the way.
- Evidence-based Research boxes have been updated to reflect the latest standards of care.
- Sections IV and V contain the updated standards of care.
- The five separate sections offer comprehensive coverage, including the PACU, anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, nursing care, and special considerations.
- The book addresses current policies and issues affecting perianesthesia nursing practice such as patient safety, infection control, managed care implications, pain management, and bioterrorism.
- The Special Considerations section delves into the care of patients with conditions such as malignant hyperthermia, substance abuse, sickle cell anemia, and cardiac arrest.
- The book comprehensively covers the various types of anesthetic agents to be anticipated in the PACU.
- In-depth coverage of pathophysiology for all body systems integrated with nursing and pharmacologic interventions.
- The book’s streamlined format includes an overview, definitions, summary, and references for each chapter.
- Taking into account new sedation and pain guidelines, new information on older patients, implications of new surgical techniques, and more bariatric implications, the updated content covers the latest evidence and standards.
- The book now contains new illustrations and thoroughly updated references throughout.
- eBook Digital: 880 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 7 edition (March 1, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323399843
- ISBN-13: 978-0323399845
- Product Dimensions: 7.3 x 1.4 x 10.3 inches