Doppler Echocardiography for the Small Animal Practitioner (Rapid Reference) (EPUB)
By June A. Boon
Doppler Echocardiography for the Small Animal Practitioner
Practical guide to using color flow and spectral Doppler in interpreting echocardiographic findings in veterinary practice
Doppler Echocardiography for the Small Animal Practitioner provides a clinically oriented quick reference to using color flow and spectral Doppler to interpret echocardiographic findings, enabling readers to learn and apply these techniques and acquire background knowledge of technical factors affecting diagnostic color and spectral Doppler. Practically, the text also serves as a quick checklist for the Doppler features of commonly acquired cardiac diseases in the dog and cat. To aid in reader comprehension, the text contains color images and video clips to support the descriptions.
This handbook is not intended as a comprehensive explanation of the echocardiographic features associated with heart disease in animals. Rather, it is intended as the next step for the general practitioner and the non-cardiac specialist that have learned to acquire diagnostic 2D and M-Mode echocardiographic studies.
Written by a highly experienced professionals with nearly 40 years of experience in the field of veterinary echocardiography, sample topics covered in Doppler Echocardiography for the Small Animal Practitioner include:
- Doppler principles as they apply to accuracy and evaluation of the color flow and spectral Doppler examination
- Imaging planes required for accurate evaluation of flows in the heart and an explanation of and application of Doppler pressure gradients
- Interpretation of color flow signals and common Doppler features of the most frequently acquired heart diseases in dogs and cats
- Specific intricacies of the field, including isovolumic relaxation time (IVRT) and imaging planes techniques of the mitral valve and aorta
Doppler Echocardiography for the Small Animal Practitioner is a highly valuable resource and practical guide for all professionals in the field who have learned to acquire diagnostic 2D and M-Mode echocardiographic studies and now need to understand how to learn and apply these techniques in a myriad of practical applications.
Two-Dimensional and M-Mode Echocardiography for the Small Animal Practitioner Second Edition By June Boon 9781119028536
Life-Threatening Cardiac Emergencies for the Small Animal Practitioner By Maureen McMichael and Ryan Fries9781119042075
Cardiology for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses By H. Edward Durham 9780813813530
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition (October 11, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 128 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119730171
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119730170
- ISBN-13 : 9781119730170
- eText ISBN: 9781119730156
- eText ISBN: 9781119730200