Diagnosis and Treatment of Mental Disorders Across the Lifespan 2nd Edition (Original PDF)
by Stephanie M. Woo (Author), Carolyn Keatinge (Author)
A versatile reference text for developing and applying clinical psychopathology skills
Designed to serve as a trusted desktop reference on mental disorders seen across the lifespan for mental health professionals at all levels of experience, Diagnosis and Treatment of Mental Disorders Across the Lifespan, Second Edition expertly covers etiology, clinical presentation, intake and interviewing, diagnosis, and treatment of a wide range of DSM disorders at all developmental stages. Unlike other references, this book takes a lifespan approach that allows readers to develop the clinical skills necessary to respond to mental health concerns in a patient-centered manner.
Introductory and advanced features support clinicians at every stage of their careers and help students develop their skills and understanding. Authors Woo and Keatinge combine a review of cutting edge and state-of-the-art findings on diagnosis and treatment with the tools for diagnosing and treating a wide range of mental disorders across the lifespan. . This second edition incorporates the following changes:
- Fully updated to reflect the DSM-5
- Chapters have been reorganized to more closely follow the structure of the DSM-5
- Cultural and diversity considerations have been expanded and integrated throughout the book
- A new integrative model for treatment planning
- Expanded discussion of rapport building skills and facilitating active engagement
- Identity issues and the fit between client and intervention model has been added to the case conceptualization model
Mental health disorders affect patients of all ages, and the skilled clinician understands that there are no one-size-fits-all treatments. Diagnosis and Treatment of Mental Disorders Across the Lifespan, Second Edition will instruct clinicians and students in psychopathology for every life stage.
- Praise for the first edition: Reviews
This handbook, Diagnosis and Treatment of Mental Disorders Across the Lifespan, comprehensively integrates best practices necessary for clinicians who deal with a wide range of mental disorders across the continuum of development in a practical, applied, and accessible manner. One of the unique aspects of the book is the length to which the authors go to ensure that the up-to-date information contained in the book is practical, user-friendly, and accessible to beginners in clinical practice
- Publisher : Wiley; 2nd edition (February 29, 2016)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 1248 pages
There are no reviews yet.