Diabetes Drug Notes (EPUB)
By Miles Fisher, Gerard A. McKay, Andrea Llano
DIABETES DRUG NOTES
Diabetes is becoming more common in both older and younger generations and in keeping with this escalation in cases, there are an ever increasing number of drugs and drug classes that are suitable to treat hyperglycaemia. In a unique blend of diabetes practice, clinical pharmacology, and cardiovascular medicine, Diabetes Drug Notes describes the principles of clinical pharmacology with regards to diabetes prescribing. Each drug class for the treatment of diabetes is covered in detail, along with the effect on the cardiovascular and renal systems caused by each drug. Building upon the success of their “Drug Notes” series for Practical Diabetes and their “Drugs for Diabetes” series in the British Journal of Cardiology, the team of experts focuses on the glycaemic management of type 1 and type 2 diabetes, with other effects of antidiabetic drugs covered as well.
Diabetes Drug Notes also includes:
- Comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of the drugs for the glycaemic management of patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- Expert reflection on prescribing considerations for special groups, as well as common pitfalls in prescribing
- Detailed case histories to illustrate relevant information
- Summaries of recent guidelines related to diabetic intervention
Diabetes Drug Notes is a user-friendly guide for a general diabetes medical, nursing, and pharmacology readership, as well as those who support them.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition (July 20, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 400 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119785006
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119785002