Current Practice in Forensic Medicine, Volume 3 edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
By John A. M. Gall, Jason Payne-James
CURRENT PRACTICE in Forensic Medicine
Presents a unique overview and critical commentary on the latest developments in forensic medical practice worldwide
The field of forensic medicine continues to evolve worldwide. In recent years, the amount of research has increased and new areas of forensic specialization have developed. Forensic practitioners need to keep pace with a range of international advances from innovative technologies to new or revised laws and regulations to emerging issues of controversy.
Current Practice in Forensic Medicine, Volume 3 provides an in-depth examination of key areas of the field. This timely and comprehensive resource addresses consent for forensic procedures, imaging for soft tissue injuries, working with victims of torture, non-accidental injury in the elderly, medical and toxicological aspects of chemical warfare, non-fatal strangulation, abusive head trauma in young children, and more. Each chapter contains a general overview of the area under discussion, references to published literature, and detailed discussion of significant changes and key points.
- Offers new insights into false allegations of sexual assault, coercive control and the homicide timeline in partner abuse cases, and the needs of elderly persons in detention
- Provides non-country specific information to guide international forensic medicine practitioners and healthcare professionals
- Contains detailed yet concise chapters written by authors with particular expertise in the subject covered
- Addresses the clinical and pathological aspects of forensic medicine and relevant areas in toxicology, forensic psychiatry and psychology, and forensic biology
- Covers riot control weapons, chemical warfare, non-fatal strangulation, DNA in crime detection, and many other essential topics
- Includes up-to-date information on the new Medical Examiner system in England and Wales
Supported by the most recent evidence-based research, Current Practice in Forensic Medicine, Volume 3 is a must-have for all those involved in various aspects of forensic medicine including doctors, dentists, forensic scientists, lawyers, law enforcement professionals, and forensic practitioners.
- Publisher : Wiley; Volume 3 edition (August 9, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 368 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119684099
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119684091
- ISBN-13 : 9781119684091
- eText ISBN: 9781119684121
- eText ISBN: 9781119684145