Core Curriculum for Pain Management Nursing, 3rd Edition (PDF Book)
by ASPMN (Author)
Learn how to successfully work with patients in pain with The Core Curriculum for Pain Management Nursing, 3rd Edition. This easy-to-read text covers the entire scope of pain management in a very user-friendly outline format. Written by the American Society for Pain Management Nursing (the primary nursing organization in pain management), this new edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect the latest standards and scope of practice put forth by the ASPMN. Both pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic methods of pain management are discussed, as is a wide variety of patient subsets beyond the traditional pediatric, adult, and geriatric patient. If you’re looking to pass the ASPMN credentialing exam and work successfully with all types of patients in pain, then this is the perfect text for you!
- Content written by the ASPMN (American Society for Pain Management Nursing), the primary nursing organization in pain management, ensures the material is authoritative and timely.
- UNIQUE! Expansive patient coverage addresses not only adults, pediatric and geriatric patients, but also key subsets of patients ― such as those who have concomitant addiction, those who have cancer, those who are under sedation for a procedure, and more.
- Comprehensive coverage discusses important topics ― such as gender differences in pain and analgesia, disparities in pain management, the effect of depression on pain perception and management, the use of research, various theories of pain management, and more ― to fully prepare you for your ASPMN credentialing exam and professional practice.
- UNIQUE! Strong nursing focus thoroughly explores the nurse’s role as a patient advocate in pain management and how that role changes from a Registered Nurse to a Clinical Nurse Specialist to a Nurse Practitioner.
- Unique outline format makes the text an accessible and easy-to-read reference.
- NEW! Coverage of both pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic pain interventions has been updated to keep you abreast of the latest methods for both types of pain management.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated information reflects the latest standards and scope of practice as well as the blueprint for the ASPMN credentialing exam.
- NEW! Additional information on pain management in bariatric patients highlight important considerations that you need to know when caring for this specific patient population.
- NEW! Added illustrations and figures throughout the text make difficult concepts easier to understand.
- eBook Digital: 656 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 3 edition (September 11, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323461980
- ISBN-13: 978-0323461986
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 0.5 x 10 inches