Complex Cochlear Implant Cases: Management and Troubleshooting (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Joshua D. Sevier
Not all cochlear implant cases present in a traditional manner, which calls for audiologists to seek a second opinion in more intricate and difficult cases. Complex Cochlear Implant Cases: Management and Troubleshooting offers both new and experienced cochlear implant audiologists the opportunity to tap into the knowledge and experience of skilled colleagues who have handled unique and challenging clinical situations with current or potential implant recipients. The book includes pediatric and adult complex cases pertaining to issues in mapping because of various medical conditions, equipment issues, improper device programming, lack of objective methods, and more.
Each case starts with a clinical presentation, audiological testing, device programming, and suggested reading with research-backed references. The addition of questions for the reader offers time for the clinician to work through the case in their mind before providing answers, insights, summary, and key points.
In addition to cases, the book also includes information on common methods for troubleshooting, objective measures, and instruction, as well as supplemental information regarding programming electrical-acoustic stimulation (EAS) cochlear implants.<br />
- Includes pediatric and adult complex cases
- Cases are descriptive and offer highly illustrative insights
- Cases written by experienced cochlear implant audiologists working in high-volume cochlear implant centers in hospital and university settings
- 125+ figures including audiograms, mapping, and objective measures provide a visual representation to each case, helping the reader rationalize recommendations from leaders in the field
“In this book you’ll be exposed to a variety of complex cases that will help you improve your clinical skills. You’ll learn about practices that clinicians use to alleviate problems and improve outcomes. Some of these practices are standard while many are unique steps you may never have considered.”<br /> –Terry Zwolan, PhD, CCC-A, Clinical Professor Emerita, Department of Otolaryngoloay, Head & Neck Surgery, Michigan Medicine, Universtiy of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Publisher : Plural Publishing Inc.; First Edition (November 11, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 278 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1635503833
- ISBN-13 : 978-1635503838