Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I) Across the Life Span: Guidelines and Clinical Protocols for Health Professionals (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Chiara Baglioni, Colin A. Espie, Dieter Riemann
COGNITIVE-BEHAVIOURAL THERAPY FOR INSOMNIA (CBT-I) ACROSS THE LIFE SPAN
A comprehensive presentation of the use of CBT in patients experiencing insomnia
In Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I) Across the Life Span: Guidelines and Clinical Protocols for Health Professionals, a team of distinguished medical researchers delivers a comprehensive exploration of various treatment protocols used by health professionals treating patients with insomnia from several different populations. The included treatment protocols are written by members of the European Academy for Cognitive-Behaviour Treatment for Insomnia and reflect the most current practice and theoretical models.
The editors have included contributions from leading scholars throughout Europe, as well as up-and-coming researchers with new and exciting data and conclusions to share with the community of health practitioners treating patients experiencing insomnia. In the book, readers will find discussions of the presentation of insomnia in different professional populations – including healthcare workers and shift workers – as well as the presence of common comorbidities. They’ll also discover:
- A thorough introduction to the disorder of insomnia, as well as the use of cognitive-behavioural therapy in the treatment of insomnia patients
- Comprehensive explorations of the influence of the lifespan and professional factors on the presentation and impact of insomnia on paediatric and adult patients
- In-depth discussions of frequently occurring comorbidities, including affective disorders, mental disorders, somatic disorders and chronic pain
- Fulsome treatments of the emotional processes associated with insomnia, including acceptance and commitment therapy and mindfulness training
Perfect for psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers and other clinicians engaged in the treatment of insomnia, Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I) Across the Life Span: Guidelines and Clinical Protocols for Health Professionals will also earn a place in the libraries of medical researchers with a professional interest in CBT, insomnia and other sleep disorders.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition (July 26, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 288 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119785138
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119785132