Clinical Medicine of the Dog and Cat, 4th Edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Michael Schaer, Frederic Gaschen, Stuart Walton
The fourth edition of Clinical Medicine of the Dog and Cat remains the most extensively illustrated and practical small animal veterinary textbook on the market.
It continues and expands on the revolutionary problem-based approach of the previous three editions, with more than 1,100 clinical color photographs, diagrams, and tables. The book is divided into five color-coded sections―General Approach, Diagnostic Techniques, Disease of Specific Organ Systems, Multisystemic Disorders, and Elements of Therapy. For this edition:
- Case studies are integrated within the relevant chapters for ease of reference.
- The first section on common medical problems now includes abdominal distension, peripheral edema, proteinuria, regurgitation, and seizures.
- Chapters on thoracic and abdominal radiographs are now included in a unique new section on Diagnostic Techniques, encouraging an integrated learning approach.
- The third section contains detailed medical information covering most organ systems, with several chapters completely rewritten and others comprehensively updated to include additional text and images.
- Additional endoscopic, radiographic, CT, and MRI images are included alongside clinical photographs; very few veterinary textbooks have such a rich emphasis on photographs.
- Each section has a limited number of recommended updated references.
The practical information is presented with text, tables, and algorithms, while each chapter is arranged to provide the definition of each disorder, its clinical features, the differential diagnoses, the diagnostic methodology, and the treatment and prognosis. The formatting has been improved to make this textbook easy to read and comprehend. The busy veterinarian or student is thus provided with a readily available resource of important clinical information in a clear, brief manner.
Written by board-certified experts, the topics are carefully selected to make this a valuable resource for veterinary students as well as for general practitioners and small animal interns.
- Publisher : CRC Press; 4th edition (October 14, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 1084 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1032168943
- ISBN-13 : 978-1032168944
- ISBN-13 : 9781032168944
- eText ISBN: 9781000587197