Clinical Guide to Paediatrics (Clinical Guides) (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Rachel Varughese, Anna Mathew, Christian Fielder Camm
Clinical Guide to Paediatrics enables rapid reference to the common paediatric conditions, symptoms, and practical concerns seen in day-to-day practice. Focused on making differential diagnoses in acute settings, this comprehensive resource offers step-by-step guidance on clinical decision-making, investigations, and interventions. Junior doctors and medical students are provided with a clear and up-to-date evidence base supported by numerous diagnostic algorithms, diagrams, tables and bullet points throughout.
Organised into systems-based sections, the guide covers paediatric history taking, examination techniques, pharmacology, safeguarding, and a range of different diagnoses for presenting complaints in cardiology, infection and immunology, neurology, gastroenterology, accidents, poisoning, and more. Succinct chapters are logically structured to allow easy access to important concepts, key clinical details, and plans of investigation. Designed to complement the doctor-patient interaction in clinical practice, this valuable guide:
- Covers the most common presenting complaints encountered in acute paediatrics
- Provides evidence-based information on symptoms, disorders, and issues faced in paediatric medicine
- Addresses topics from the perspective of presenting complaints to provide a unique, highly practical approach to the subject
- Includes access to a companion website containing images and clinical photos, audio podcasts, clinical case studies, and self-assessment exercises
Clinical Guide to Paediatrics is essential reading for junior doctors, medical students, nurses and specialist trainees working on paediatric wards or emergency departments.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition (August 22, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 624 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119539110
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119539117