Acute Medicine – Lecture Notes (Original PDF from Publisher)
Lecture Notes discusses the principles of the initial assessment, investigation, diagnosis, and management of adult patients with everyday Acute Internal Medicine (AIM) presentations and conditions. This textbook is wide in scope and covers topics ranging from initial identification of acute medical illness, through to effective discharge planning.
Lecture Notes contains the latest developments on the generic professional and specialty specific capabilities needed to manage patients presenting with a wide range of medical symptoms and conditions covered in the UK AIM curriculum (2022).
In Lecture Notes, readers can expect to find detailed information on:
- Generic skills relevant to AIM, such as clinical reasoning, safe prescribing, point of care ultrasound (POCUS), resuscitation, and managing the acute medical take
- AIM across the various acute care settings – home (telemedicine, virtual wards, Hospital at Home), ambulatory (same day emergency care), and in-hospital (acute medical unit, enhanced care, critical care)
- AIM presentations and conditions in special populations such as older people, pregnancy, people with HIV, LGBTQ+, inclusion medicine, people with learning disabilities, perioperative medicine, people with mental illness and more
- Common presentations in AIM
- Standalone chapters can be read in any sequence, making the text perfect for quick reference
With its accessible coverage of a wide range of AIM content, Lecture Notes: Acute Medicine is an essential resource for medical students, physician trainees, consultants, and other members of the multidisciplinary team working in acute care, patient-facing settings.
- Publisher: Wiley; January 16, 2023
- Language: English
- ISBN: 9781119672852
- ISBN: 9781119672906
File Size : 20.6 MB