Acute Leukemia: An Illustrated Guide to Diagnosis and Treatment (PDF Book)
Acute Leukemia: An Illustrated Guide to Diagnosis and Treatment by Ashkan Emadi MD PhD (Editor), Judith E. Karp MD (Editor) is a comprehensive and concise visual reference on acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) in both children and adults.
The book covers all aspects of AML and ALL, including risk factors, cytogenetics, mutational characteristics, diagnoses, clinical management, and prognoses. This is crucial information that can be challenging for medical students, residents, hematology and medical oncology fellows, as well as community oncologists and hematologists. The book presents the complex information relying predominantly on pictorial depictions instead of traditional text in a visually instructive format. It replaces the wordiness of a traditional textbook with practical, ‘bite-sized’ text, original and adapted illustrations, instructive schemata and diagrams, photomicrographs, tables, and detailed figure legends. The result is a visually engaging book that is easy to read, review, and remember.
Crafted by world experts in the field, this digestible volume provides must-know information that you can utilize when encountering AML and ALL patients who require immediate attention. The format provides a unique and ‘go-to’ resource for early-career practitioners looking for quick guidance to managing a deadly disease or for seasoned clinicians looking for a quick review of treatment protocols.
- Contains over 40 tables and over 220 illustrations, histologic photomicrographs, flow diagrams, graphs, and schemata with detailed figure legends
- Presents complex scientific aspects such as cytogenetics and molecular mutations in a visually digestible and easy-to-understand format
- Provides helpful and evidence-based treatment recommendations when providing induction therapy, consolidation therapy, and bone marrow transplantation
- Includes unique chapters on managing psychosexual issues accompanying AML and ALL treatment as well as on the FDA drug development and clinical trial design process
- Includes digital access to the ebook as well as an online Image Bank
- eBook Digital: 368 pages
- Publisher: Demos Medical; 1st edition (July 17, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1620701006
- ISBN-13: 978-1620701003
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 0.5 x 10 inches