ABC of Major Trauma: Rescue, Resuscitation with Imaging, and Rehabilitation, 5th Edition (ABC Series) (EPUB)
By Peter A. Driscoll, David V. Skinner, Peter N. Goode
ABC of Major Trauma
ABC of Major Trauma, Fifth Edition
An authoritative overview of the management and treatment of major trauma patients
In the newly revised, and substantially expanded, Fifth Edition of ABC of Major Trauma, an eminent team of leading trauma specialists delivers a comprehensive, up-to-date, referenced overview of the emergency treatment of patients suffering from major trauma.
Covering all aspects of the management of injured patients during the initial, crucial hours after injury, the scope of the book has developed to include imaging appendices for many chapters. The editors have included resources that discuss general considerations for typical trauma cases, as well as the numerous atypical patients including children, the elderly and those who are pregnant. Hyperlinks are now also included throughout the book which enable the reader to refer to continuously updated guidelines.
The book also offers:
- A thorough introduction to the development and organisation of trauma services, including pre-hospital care and major incidents.
- A guide to the modern trauma team personnel from airway doctor, to trauma nurse, to trauma team leader, while describing the technical and non-technical skills required for the ABCDE of trauma resuscitation, imaging and the subsequent transfer of the patient.
- Specialist chapters on ballistic trauma, chemical contamination and burns as well as the management of trauma in specialist patient groups including paediatrics, pregnancy, and the elderly.
- A new and vital chapter on rehabilitation as well an expansion of the measurement of trauma outcomes to include disability and a discussion on how such audits can drive further improvement.
Perfect for all those involved in the care of the trauma patient, including nurses, physician associates, hospital doctors, paramedics and pre-hospital teams, the ABC of Major Trauma is a one-stop referenced guide to the care of such patients from the site of injury to maximal recovery.
About the ABC series
The ABC series has been designed to help you access information quickly and deliver the best patient care, and remains an essential reference tool for GPs, junior doctors, medical students and healthcare professionals.
Now offering over 80 titles, this extensive series provides you with a quick and dependable reference on a range of topics in all the major specialties.
The ABC series is the essential and dependable source of up-to-date information for all practitioners and students in primary healthcare.
To receive automatic updates on books and journals in your specialty, join our email list. Sign up today at www.wiley.com/email
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 5th edition (December 5, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 512 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119498856
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119498858
- ISBN-13 : 9781119498858
- eText ISBN: 9781119498841